Hours and topics are subject to change. Check back in July for more complete information.
Join us at the Andaz San Diego, a boutique hotel located in the historic and vibrant Gaslamp Quarter. Hotel guests will enjoy a complimentary welcome beverage at check-in, complimentary daily snacks and refreshments, and complimentary Wi-Fi in your sleeping room.
Get up to date on emerging trends and issues in marital property law
while learning about the latest innovative approaches. Panel discussions will address the following:
– including the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on marital property issues, the tax impact of sophisticated property division arrangements, tax attributes as marital property (identifying, measure, award), and reimbursement between marital estates for income taxes
- Valuing and Dividing Unusual Assets
– including medical practices, law practice/partnership interests, multi-level marketing companies, energy companies, startups/incubators (trademarks, etc.), pensions and unvested stock options, and cyrptocurrency
- Estate Plans and the Problem They Can Cause in a Divorce
– When trust law, entity law, and divorce law collide
- Marital Agreements
– including pre-marital agreements, marital property agreements, partition & exchange agreements, conversion agreements, agreements incident to divorce, agreed decrees of divorce, mediated settlement agreements, informal binding settlement agreements, non-marital cohabitation agreements, separation agreements, shareholder agreements, forum selection agreements, choice of law agreements, and more.